|Apesadumbrado este artículo según lo no todavía traducido.
Intente por favor otra vez más adelante.
Números de la Seguridad Sociales para los Estudiantes Internacionales
F-1 students may apply for an original Social Security Number (SSN) at a Social Security Administration (SSA) field office by submitting an Application for a Social Security Card (Form SS-5, available for download here), to the SSA, and providing documentary evidence of:
- work-authorized lawful alien status
Documentation requirements for F-1 students
F-1 students are subject to special documentation requirements as well as special immigration status verification rules. An F-1 applicant must submit the following as part of his or her application for a SSN:
- A completed Form SS-5, Application for a Social Security Card
- At least two documents that establish the applicant's age and identity including a passport and one additional document establishing identity
- Form I-94 (arrival/departure card)
- SEVIS Form I-20
- Proof of employment authorization. SSA will issue an SSN only to F-1 students who are authorized to be employed in the United States.
Information supplied by the Social Security Administration, www.socialsecurity.com